RE: Invitation to Florida State Board’s New Community
Dear Chapter leaders and FL HLAA members,
Have you heard the news? HLAA 2022 Convention is coming to Tampa!
We hope you have, because Florida is in the spotlight for many different reasons. Engaging with the public on many formats with our Mission in mind, we want to step in and contribute to an experience that everyone will remember for a long time.
HLAA National chose Tampa, Fl for Convention for 2022. This is HLAA’s first in-person Convention since 2019. We want to be shouting from our rooftops the opportunity to showcase our beautiful state with this Convention. There are so many ways we can experience and contribute to this event together: as an HLAA FL State Association Team Member, Volunteer, or Attendee. With your generosity and assistance we can help HLAA National stage a Convention unmatched to anything it’s done before.
You are cordially invited to our Board Meeting on November 20th at 10 am via the Zoom platform. Click on register below if you wish to attend the meeting. To confirm your contact/Chapter information [phone number & email address] by sending or calling me with this data is most appreciated. An Agenda will be forward to you. We look forward toward adding your time and talents in this exciting adventure. Thank you for your prompt response.
HLAA Florida State Association
Nov 20, 2021 – 10:00 am
Download the Meeting Agenda PDF
Call to Order
Looking for a volunteer for Secretary
Need more volunteers to serve on the board – As many we can get
- Joan Andrews Scholarship – In the absence of an in-person 2021 Convention, approval received from family to use for production of communication cards – $62
- Collection of Dues by end of September according to the By-Laws
- State Association Statement of Income and Expenses for first 9 months of 2021
- Website updates
- Zoom Meetings
- How to have a hybrid meeting
- Or continue using Zoom or other platform
- FCCDHH Update
- Need a person interested in representing HLAA
Mailing List Expansion
Chapter Leader Survey – Ed created Need someone to use Monkey Survey
Information & Support Plan – Need ideas how to share information and support
- Virtual Walk 4 Hearing host from Buffalo, NY for Sept 25, 2021
- Tanya Williams, Chairperson
- RAISED Over $875.00
First Newsletter sent – Sep 18, 2021
- HLAA 2022 will be in TAMPA
- Valerie and Maria will serve as the National Convention’s Volunteer Co-coordinators answering directly to HLAA National Event Planner Amanda Watson.
- HLAA’s National Convention Plan calls for a Walk4Hearing event. All HLAA Chapters-in-good-standing and the State Associations/Organizations can participate by forming their own Teams and getting donations. Participating chapters and state organizations are responsible for forming their own teams and doing their own fundraising.
- Need volunteers to develop a comprehensive HLAA-FL Clinic Support Plan for after the 2022 HLAA National Convention or later on in 2023, if there’s an interest.
- Need volunteers to develop a comprehensive HLAA-FL Fundraising Plan for after the 2022 HLAA National Convention or later on in 2023, if there’s an interest.
You are invited to a Zoom meeting.
When: Nov 20, 2021 10:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Register in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.